I know that candy making can seem daunting, what with the special thermometer and precise techniques and temperature points. But what if it didn’t have to be that way? What if there’s a candy that’s so easy to craft in your own kitchen that you only need three ingredients and a microwave? What if you didn’t need any special equipment or candy-making know-how? Guess what? You don’t. You just need this recipe for Cool Whip Candy. (And if you like Three Musketeers, buckle up, because this candy is basically a copycat version.)
Three ingredients seems too good to be true, but it’s the real deal. You only need Cool Whip, milk chocolate chips, and dark chocolate melting wafers to make this candy. You need two kinds of chocolate for because you need one for the filling and one for the coating and it’s nice to have a little bit of flavor variation between milk and dark.
You’ll first melt those chocolate chips in the microwave until they’re smooth and creamy…
- 2 (11 oz each) packages milk chocolate chips
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 24 oz dark chocolate melting wafers
For Complete Cooking STEPS Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir and heat again in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between. Let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, gently fold the room temperature melted chocolate into the Cool Whip. Pour into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove and cut into 36 squares. Place squares on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and return to freezer once more for 30 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate according to package instructions. Remove chocolate squares from freezer and dip in the melted chocolate to coat. (Using a fork works well.)
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and let harden.
- Store in freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!