Christmas Crack is a deliciously addictive treat that is perfect for the holiday season. It is a sweet and salty combination made with a layer of caramel, chocolate, and a sprinkle of festive toppings. This popular dessert gets its name from its irresistible nature, as it tends to disappear quickly once it is served. While there are multiple variations of this recipe, the one presented here is a classic version that is both simple to make and absolutely delightful to indulge in.
To serve Christmas Crack, it is best to break it into small, bite-sized pieces and arrange them on a decorative platter. The crack can be enjoyed on its own, but it is also delightful when served alongside other festive treats. Pair it with a cup of hot cocoa or a glass of milk for a delicious combination. Additionally, you can serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for a playful twist. The contrasting textures and flavors are sure to make this dessert the highlight of any holiday gathering.
– 1 sleeve of crackers (we like Ritz)
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter
– 1/2 packed brown sugar
– 1 cup chocolate chips
– Candy topping of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Arrange Ritz crackers in a single layer in the dish.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar, bringing it to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes without stirring.
4. Pour the caramel mixture over the crackers, then bake for 5 minutes to set.
5. Remove from the oven, sprinkle chocolate chips, and return for 2 minutes to soften.
6. Spread the melted chocolate evenly.
7. Top with optional candy.
8. Allow to cool, then break into pieces. Refrigerate to speed up cooling if needed.
Now you have a fabulous recipe for Christmas Crack that is sure to impress your family and friends. Enjoy this sweet and salty indulgence as a delightful treat during the holiday season.